N120,000 – N170,000 (negotiable based on experience)
Number of posts
Pharmacists dispense drugs prescribed by doctors and other health professionals and provide information to patients about medications and their use.
Three to five years’ experience.
Ability to understand and comply with Standard operating procedures
Skills Good information technology skills
Clear and accurate written and verbal communication
Highly committed to team work
Able to take on board new ideas, skills and knowledge
Adaptable, self-motivated, able to use own initiative
- Checking prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors and that they are appropriate and safe for dispensing.
- Providing advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication, for example tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler in conjunction with doctors.
- Developing standard procedure for drug use within the hospital and implementing hospital regulations for the pharmacy in keeping with international standard.
- Management of drug/ consumables supply and usage with regular inventory control system.
- Liaising with other medical staff on problems patients may experience when taking their medicines.
- Reviewing drug dispensing processes and inventory taking and continue to strive to improve on available processes.
- Ensuring drugs are stored and arranged appropriately and securely.
- Development of personal work portfolio (presentations, pharmacy audit, research and development publications)
- Keeping the ambience of the pharmacy in an orderly manner.
- Giving advice on how to prevent multiple drug reactions.
- Continue to bring innovative ideas towards the management of the pharmacy department of the Hospital.
Condition of Service
- Must meet the essential person specification
- Provision of satisfactory references
- The appointee is expected to undergo annual appraisal within the hospital’s framework and attain appropriate and sufficient continual professional development to meet required recommendation
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Sound Judgment and Decision Making
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required to work in multiple branches in Lagos owned by the hospital.
Additional Eligibility Requirement
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Fllexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Paid public holiday/annual leave authorised by management
Successful candidate will be expected to have a medical check done by the hospital.
Recruitment for this position will be in four stages:
- An initial sift to create a shortlist
- Brief telephone interview
- First Face-to-face interview/ Assessment
- Final Interview
Feedback will only be provided if you are successful in the interview
External recruitment only
Working for SSWCH
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
SSWCH embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
Interviews will be held at SSWCH between end of April and 2nd week of May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their word doc CVs to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.