N150,000 – N200,000
Number of posts
Medical Officers serve as advisors on health issues, provide medical support, discover inconsistencies and investigate problems. Also involves application of professional medical knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of medical services.
Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience
Ability to understand and comply with Standard operating procedures
Good time management skills
Clear and accurate written and verbal communication
Able to take on board new ideas, skills and knowledge
Adaptable, self-motivated, able to use own initiative
- First point of contact to new patients on getting to the clinic, this involves getting both bio and clinical data so as to make a safe diagnosis.
- Conducting preoperative assessment on patients so as to detect condition that can negatively affect surgical outcome and instituting plans to remove this (It involves referring patient to other specialists).
- Monitoring and providing general care to patients on hospital wards and outpatient service.
- Conducting Clinical audits, research and making presentations during clinical seminars.
- Follow up on Lab results to ensure effective dispensation of adequate care.
- Assisting with theatre including during minimal access surgeries and the routine obstetrics and gynaecology procedures.
- Carrying out other specific procedures and specialist investigations.
- Ensuring adequate documentation of medical notes.
- Working with other doctors and other clinical staff as part of a team.
- Organising tests performed by outside facilities.
- Prepare summary of clinical care at prompt times.
Condition of Service
- Must meet the essential person specification
- Provision of satisfactory references
- The appointee is expected to undergo annual appraisal within the hospital’s framework and attain appropriate and sufficient continual professional development to meet required recommendation.
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Sound Judgment and Decision Making
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On call duties inclusive with four other doctors.
Required to work in multiple branches in Lagos owned by the hospital.
Additional Eligibility Requirement
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Paid public holiday/annual leave authorised by management
Recruitment for this position will be in three stages:
- An initial sift to create a shortlist
- First Face-to-face interview/ Assessment
- Final Interview
Feedback will only be provided if you are successful in the interview
External recruitment only
Working for SSWCH
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
SSWCH embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
Interviews will be held at SSWCH between end of April and 2nd week in May 2018.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their word doc CVs to: email@example.com using the job title and reference number as the subject of the mail.