N600,000 – N750,000 (negotiable)
Number of posts
As a paediatrician, your main occupational tasks involve providing medical care to people ranging in age from new-borns to young adults. You are responsible for examining, diagnosing, and treating children with a wide variety of injuries and illnesses.
A wide experience in General Paediatrics and Neonatology
A research interest in area of expertise
Management and Administrative Experience
Evidence of leadership and management skills
Experience of risk management programmes
Highly committed to team work
Formal training in communication skills
- Provides comprehensive clinical service, governance and leadership in Paediatric Medicine to promote quality health outcomes for patients.
- Examine children regularly to assess their growth and development.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, growth and development concerns.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children.
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis.
- Advise patients, parents or guardians concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents or guardians.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Advise medical personnel regarding healthcare issues.
- Prepare official health documents or records.
- Run the neonatal intensive care unit to the best standard of practise.
- Participate in developing training programmes and also training medical officers and nurses and may include mentoring/ supervision as well as preparing rotas for doctors.
- Participate in continuing professional development at local and international level.
- Participate in clinical recruitment exercises for the hospital.
Condition of Service
- Must meet the essential person specification
- Provision of satisfactory references
- The appointee is expected to undergo annual appraisal within the hospital’s framework and attain appropriate and sufficient continual professional development to meet required recommendation
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Sound Judgment and Decision Making
- Time Management
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
- Quality Control Analysis
- Good Writing skills
- Problem Solving
- Management of Personnel Resources
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all employees in your area of speciality and Medical Officers under the supervision of the Medical Director.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On-call duties inclusive which will be 1 in 3 (with two other consultants)
Required to work in multiple branches in Lagos owned by the hospital.
Additional Eligibility Requirement
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Independent and strong Entrepreneurial attitude, confident, Global thinker, Self-starter, Good analytical skills.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Paid public holiday/annual leave authorised by management
Successful candidate will be expected to have a medical check done by the hospital.
Recruitment for this position will be in two stages:
- An initial sift to create a shortlist
- Face-to-face interview
Feedback will only be provided if you are successful in the interview
External recruitment only
Working for SSWCH
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
SSWCH embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
Interviews will be held at SSWCH between mid-April and end of April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their word doc CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.